Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qmail Forward Issue -Need soultion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightningfullmoon

Programmer
Jan 22, 2007
IN
hi,

i want to explain... this problem little bit briefly....

we take 5 users as example. Company name "ABC". It has branch in xxx,yyy,zzz places.

I want to monitor mail received by memebers in xxx branch. So, i set autoforward with leave a copy of mail option set to on. So, every member received a mail, and copy of mail send to autoforward id i set... eg. testmonitor@abc.com.

Let us come to problem....
For this we take 5 members as example: test@abc.com,test2@abc.com,test3@abc.com,test4@abc.com,
test5@abc.com. And 1 group id as testgroup@abc.com. It has all above mention 5 members in this group.

Occurance of Problem Possiblites 1:
test@abc.com send a mail to test2@abc.com. So test2 received a mail, and a copy of mail is sent to testmonitor id also. and also test2@abc.com received any many from other id,here also copy of mail send to testmonitor... .

Occurance of Problem Possiblites 2:
Second example, is test@abc.com send mail to test2 and test3... both are received a mail, along with the both are set the autoforward to testmonitor... both id sent a copy of mail to testmonitor... now testmonitor received two copy of same message... by two different id.....

Occurance of Problem Possiblites 3:
Supplose test@abc.com sent mail to testgroup, the testmonitor received 5 copies of the same mail....

For this problem i need the soultion, i need a soultion for the following key point...
1) only testmonitor received a mail from domain abc.com
2) only one copy of message instead of multiple copy of same message received by many id to testmonitor....(ie. autoforward by ids)
Note: Pls. provide solution with example. It will help for me.
Thanks
Rumesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back