Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

qmail : Forward HELP......... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightningfullmoon

Programmer
Jan 22, 2007
IN
Iam in xxx Branch (hence forth called as HYD) is using abc.com domain for official E-mail ids at xxx branch and office of the Brach Head, of Country Operations. A specific account test@abc.com. was created for the purpose of control/monitoring, wherein a copy of all the incoming as well as outgoing mails from the different e-mail ids of HYD are being copied. The access to this account has been given to the MD, HYD for regular monitoring of the mails.

In this connection, HYD has advised that multiple copies of the same messages are being delivered to test@abc.com. Any message
which is sent to more than one officer's e-mail, same number of copies of that message, along with full attachment is getting delivered to test@abc.com Similarly, some number of employees have registered their IDs in various operational related e-mail groups like LAMP, lamp@googlegroups.com etc. Same number of each mail from these groups is delivered with full attachment to test@abc.com. This results in accumulation of a huge bulk of copies of the same message resulting in inadequate space in the inbox for the relevant new mails. It also consumes a lot of time in managing the e-mail account and adversely affects effective monitoring of the messages by MD, HYD.

Therefore, HYD has requested to arrange for some specific solution to ensure that the messages coming from the same source, with the same subject, is copied only once to test@abc.com. This would not only ensure effective control and monitoring of the business mails but also save a lot of time consumed in managing the account due to accumulation of the multiple copies of the same message.

So you want archive copies of all email from test@abc.com made as they enter the mail server? Correct? You say it's working?

And now you are getting multiple copies of identical incoming email from the sender? Can you influence the sender to correct their approach?

OR, are you using test@abc.com as a front end for many real user accounts for final, incoming delivery?

I guess I'd have to see your .forward delivery scripts here to understand what you're doing and what you want to correct.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

hi,

i want to explain... this problem little bit briefly....

we take 5 users as example. Company name "ABC". It has branch in xxx,yyy,zzz places.

I want to monitor mail received by memebers in xxx branch. So, i set autoforward with leave a copy of mail option set to on. So, every member received a mail, and copy of mail send to autoforward id i set... eg. testmonitor@abc.com.

Let us come to problem....
For this we take 5 members as example: test@abc.com,test2@abc.com,test3@abc.com,test4@abc.com,
test5@abc.com. And 1 group id as testgroup@abc.com. It has all above mention 5 members in this group.

Occurance of Problem Possiblites 1:
test@abc.com send a mail to test2@abc.com. So test2 received a mail, and a copy of mail is sent to testmonitor id also. and also test2@abc.com received any many from other id,here also copy of mail send to testmonitor... .

Occurance of Problem Possiblites 2:
Second example, is test@abc.com send mail to test2 and test3... both are received a mail, along with the both are set the autoforward to testmonitor... both id sent a copy of mail to testmonitor... now testmonitor received two copy of same message... by two different id.....

Occurance of Problem Possiblites 3:
Supplose test@abc.com sent mail to testgroup, the testmonitor received 5 copies of the same mail....

For this problem i need the soultion, i need a soultion for the following key point...
1) only testmonitor received a mail from domain abc.com
2) only one copy of message instead of multiple copy of same message received by many id to testmonitor....(ie. autoforward by ids)
Note: Pls. provide solution with example. It will help for me.
Thanks
Rumesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back