Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QMail: disabling an account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2012
US
Hello anyone,

We have inherited a qmail system and not many people know qmail enough to know how to admin this. The ones that do know are in other departments and are busy. We have a user account that maybe used for spamming and keeps filling the queue with bounce messages. How do you disable an account in QMail? We have VQadmin setup but I don't see any such option when viewing the account. And as far as a configuration file not sure which one it could be. I'm new to qmail and to this forum. Thanks for any guidance.[sad]

I thought the account was not disabled due to the fact that it was being used to spam email outbound but I guess it can still be used in spite of. For anyone that may need to know this in the future here's how to disable an account:

If you have VqAdmin running, you login with administrative privileges, under email accounts click on "View Email Account", type the email account in the "Email Address" field and click on the "View Email Account" button. Down towards the middle you can check all the disable options you like to disable as many features you need to (except maybe Bounce email and Domain Administrator). Finally, "Modify Email Account" button below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back