Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Qlogic Dual HBAs and B220 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebasg

Technical User
Jul 12, 2004
CA
Hello,
I (will) have a W2k (or 2k3) server with 2 Qlogic dual HBAs and 2 B220 storagetek arrays server with 4 HBAs each. No SAN in the middle. Santricity and RDAC also.
I have 2 choices:
Most easy : Connect one Qlogic both HBA to one array (spa0 and spb0) and the other HBA to the other array (spa0 and spb0).
Most secure: Connect each Qlogic dual HBA to a different storage (spa0 and spa0) and the other HBA to the other storage (spb0 and spb0).
As far as I know, this is OK.
So:
Any tips?
Someone that has had troubles with the most secure configuration?
Any tips for RDAC?

Thanks in advance.

S.

If you have one HBA connecting to one Array and the other to the next Array, how do you plan on replicating data between D220's?

I don't know if I'm understanding your question. I'll mirror everything with Veritas Volume Manager (Or it's name in Win).

BTW I just find out that Storagetek is not supporting the "most secure" connection, that would be connect both B220 to each dual HBA...
If anyone has made this work, please let me know.
Also I was thinking about using RDAC instead of Qlogic failover drives (Any opinion about this?).
Thanks.

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back