Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QCC console, numero dos..

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesaz

Vendor
Dec 18, 2006
US
It must be the week of QCC consoles...

I inherited a Merlin Magix with a QCC console that is implementing a PRI T1 to replace copper trunks. I didn't realize it was a QCC console until the DID numbers ported (never even considered it - this is the first one I have ever seen.) They also use Intuity Audix.

The client doesn't use DID for the extensions; the only DID numbers they care about are 16 faxes and the main number.

My first thought was to renumber the console to 211. The calls will ring at the console that way, but won't cover to automated attendant at night. Next I built a pattern to match 211 to 270 (the console extension) with the same result. The calls will ring on the display and show they are coming from 211, but they won't cover to the automated attendant. I also tried to create a calling group 211 with the QCC console, 270, as the only member and it didn't like that either. I did a printout of calling groups to make sure 270 wasn't in another one and it isn't.

To make it through the night, I renumbered a random MLX phone to 211, created a 211 mailbox in Audix, gave it the class of service auto attendant, and duplicated the night greeting. Now that it is morning I am going to have to go back and do it right but I have no idea what right is. I am going to start reading the reference manual on QCC vs DLC with my morning coffee...

I have been reading posts and it seems the easiest thing might be to change the operator to a DLC console - any suggestions appreciated.

After reading the reference manual... I am going to change it to a DLC console, renumber the console to match the main number, and give the receptionist a primary cover appearance of her old extension so if people continue to call it they will still reach her. If anyone sees any huge pitfalls with this let me know. Thanks!

The secret to using QCC with PRI and DID numbers is to assign the main number DID to the LDN which is the entrance to the Que. Then you can assign 770 as the Backup operator station for Nite mode. If your PRI is a full 23B+D, the QCC might be your option, since that is more than the 22 lines Merlinman mentioned in another thread as the cutoff point for using QCC over DLC. As a DLC, 22 SA buttons eats up all your real estate, so plan accordingly.

....JIM....

I changed it to a DLC - seemed the easiest way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back