Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Q-Flash help with Gigabyte motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

currypower

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
ZA
Please tell me how to Q-flash my motherboard or tell me when i boot up, on the screen it says unknown flash rom. I have recently tried to upgrade my BIOS and everything went okat except that it says that unknown flash rom on the boot up screen. do i need to flash upgrade my motherboard or will q-flashing the motherboard help. Either way please tell me how to do both. Or just help me

-Download "8idml_f8.zip" and "Flash860.zip" first.
(Support Intel P4 Celeron CPU, Supports 137GB HDD, Supports face wizard, Supports Northwood, Supports Q-Flash, Added customer's string, Supports PCB 1.2 & 2.0, Restore northwood CPU clock ratio from S3, Fixed STR fail in W2K and window XP, Fixed CPU temperature incorrect)
-Extract ".zip" files to "c:\bios"
-Reboot from "Bootdisk" and type "A:\>c:", "c:\>cd bios", "flash860 8idml.f8"
-From &quot;Main&quot; menu select &quot;File&quot; and from &quot;File&quot; menu select &quot;8idml.f8&quot; <enter>
-&quot;Are you sure to flash the BIOS?&quot; press [Enter} ...wait.., press [Esc] &quot;Exit?&quot; <enter>
-Remove the &quot;BootDisk&quot;, reboot...
-Finaly check your BIOS settings...
(-For &quot;Q-Flash&quot; visit:

I heard that one cannot make a bootdisk with windows xp.Because it is based on the NT code and not on the DOS code. So how do i make a boot disk. Sorry about so many questions but I have to get this right. When you say type &quot;A:\>c:&quot;, &quot;c:\>cd bios&quot;, &quot;flash860 8idml.f8&quot;
must I type it exactly how it is, leaving out the inverted comma's or must I type for example:
A:\>c: ----then press enter, and then type the rest or am I wrong?
Thanks for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

I think in XP if you select my computer then right click on the A: drive and select format there is an option to make a dos boot disk. Atleast XP pro has this option. I am not in front of an XP machine at the moment to verify but I remember seeing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back