Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PXE on a 2950t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max5Pier

MIS
May 21, 2003
CA
I am mystified...

We are staging some workstations with WinXP using PXE (Preboot Execution Environment)- wish gives the workstation its IP informations. We tried it on some unmanaged Dell 2124 it went fine, but when we swaped them for the brand new Cisco 2950's it didn't work anymore. The workstations could not get an IP address.

The workstation sends a broadcast, but it seems that it does not go behound the switch...?

Is there someone out there that experienced this problem (and managed to solve it) ?

I can't understand or even admit that a dummy Dell switch can do something that a Cisco can't...please prove me wrong.

That's it !

I simply enabled portfast on the desired ports and it worked right away. Is it possible to enable it on all port at once ? It takes a while to enable it on every port on every switch of a 5 switch cluster...

Thanks for the tip :).

On newer 2950, you can use the interface range command.

int range fa 0/1 - 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back