Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PW5 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearvalley

Programmer
Jan 31, 2006
GB
Hello all,
I am new to aspect and would like a very simple script.wax file to dial a modem using the specified baud rate type etc.

I started with:
PW5.EXE TERMINAL CONNECT MANUAL xxx (xxx = telephone number)

I can not set the baud rate here or modem type to VT100.

I now think i need to use this method:
PW5.EXE script.wax arg0 arg1 arg2 arg3

The arg can be the baud rate, parity, emulation etc.

This is where I need some help, any examples you can show will be a great building block.

Thank you

I'm assuming you are wanting to connect to the remote modem at a specific baud rate. If so, Procomm itself can't be configured to do that since all modem communications go through the TAPI layer in Windows. What you can do is use an AT command to set that connection baud rate. To do so, start up Procomm and select the Data | Modem Command Mode menu item. Enter ATS37=, followed by the number of the appropriate baud rate from the table below, and press Enter. Next, dial the remote system and see if the desired baud rate was used.

1 Attempt to connect at 300 bit/s
2 Attempt to connect at 300 bit/s
3 Attempt to connect at 300 bit/s
5 Attempt to connect at 1200 bit/s
6 Attempt to connect at 2400 bit/s
7 Attempt to connect in V.23 75/1200 mode.
8 Attempt to connect at 9600 bit/s
9 Attempt to connect at 12000 bit/s
10 Attempt to connect at 14400 bit/s

Thanks for taking the time to reply, i will give that a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back