Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pw5.exe has gennerated errors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100guy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2003
US
Need help and my admin guys can't do it because they are too self involved.

My Procomm Plus 4.8 wont start up and crashes with a response that an error log is being created, but upon doing a search for the log nothing comes up. I scaned for viruses and nil. Does any one have a suggestion?

What Operating System are you using ? [XP, 2000, ETC ]

Try renaming PW5.PRM and PW5.DIR in your Procomm directory, then start the app. New versions of these files will be created on startup. If everything works OK, then one of those files was likely corrupted.

aspect@aspectscripting.com

I am using 2000.

The renaming of the two files mentioned by knob did the trick. Thanks fellas. I wish I could get this kind of support at location.

I don't imagine you could tell me how you knew those two files would do the trick?

Let me guess: those two file extensions are a standard in the prog univers.

One other question. What is a good direction to look to learn more about writing scripts and running them with Procomm? I never got into doing that and think it would really minimize my work load.

Again, Thank you a ton.

I used to support Procomm years ago, so I knew those two files could cause problems like you were having.

For ASPECT scripting, I would humbly say that my site is the best (maybe the only) one out there.

Your the man.........

My compliments to you and the rest of your Procomm croanies for developing such a great and powerfully versatile tool.

I assure you I will be in touch then. I actaully have a lot of questions about it.

One other question is how do I recover the information stored in my phone directory (PW5.DIR)? Is there a way to open the PW5_OLD.DIR and copy info from it over to the PW5.DIR without having to hand write everything to paper and re-ener it painstakingly?

Thanks

What you can try doing is copying back your previous Connection Directory to PW5.DIR and see if it will open successfully. If so, then the corruption was likely in the PRM file that you also renamed.

Yup,

Tried that already and it also caused an error. They were both corrupt. I tried them both individually. I got a different error for each individually. Oh well. No biggy. Thanks anyhow....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back