Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PVCS and ColdFusion Studio 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixboy

MIS
Nov 21, 2001
US
We recently purchased some new computers for our developers. I built one of them up from scratch (they're running Windows 2000 Professional) and then used sysprep and Ghost to deploy the final image to the other computers. In addition to IE6, Windows 2000 SP4 and all the latest patches, the computers have the following installed:

SQL Server 2000 (the client tools, that is)
ColdFusion Studio 5
PVCS Version Manager 6.7.10 (Build 915)
Norton AntiVirus 2002
Visio 2000
Photoshop 6
Office 2000 Professional (SP3 plus its patches)
Macromedia Studio MX
WS_FTP client
Adobe Acrobat 4.05
Oracle 9i (9.2) Client

We use PVCS Version Manager to perform version control for some of our development projects in CF Studio. Before deploying the final image, I tested things out (I thought) and everything seemed to work OK. (As it turned out, I opened a project file that's not really in the PVCS system.)

After deploying the PCs, I found out that trying to open a project that is in the PVCS system causes the following to happen:

-- A dialog box with "CFSourceControl control" pops up.
-- Another box, with something like "initialize failed" pops up after you hit "OK".

I've found pretty much ZERO about this online. I've tried to create another PC with the same stuff installed, but can't get it to fail at all, much like this. All our other PCs apparently work OK. I've used ComSlice to monitor cfsourcecontrol.ocx, and compared captures on the new PCs vs. captures on another PC that works, and there's nothing obvious that's wrong. The results are, of course, different, but nothing jumps out as the cause.

I've even captured packets between the PVCS server and a working and non-working system, but again, nothing painfully obvious wrong.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong here?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back