Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting together e7 demo unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Miller

Technical User
Apr 13, 2024
US
Hey everyone,
New to the forum here. I've cobbled together the functional pieces of an e7 system, and am now trying to get them working in a home lab set up. Have two customers for whom this could be an attractive option, but I need to be more comfortable with the platform before giving them an opinion on it. Sofar I have:
[ul]
[li]Workstation 5A[/li]
[li]TM-T88V printer with IDN interface[/li]
[li]WS5 pole display[/li]
[li]Two demo pin pads that support OPI, optionally with Pay at table[/li]
[li]Zebra Barcode scanner[/li]
[li]Networked LaserJet printer[/li]
[li]Two e7 license dongles[/li]
[/ul]

I have the PC installer for e7 v4 but suspect there are more install packages I'm missing. E7 is no longer available in Oracle software delivery Cloud. So I can't download it from there, On Oracle support, unfortunately I would need to have a support identifier for Micros to be able to download any patches or software.

My question is, with two of the software license dongles, will Oracle will be willing to issue a support identifier so I can access the patches and downloads?

Second, since I suspect the answer to my first question will be no, does anyone here have the installers or a list of what I may need to acquire in order to get a system functioning?

I don't want to make the investment in contract yet for software that I don't know I'm going to need, but the platform also shows too much promise to ignore. Any recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thank you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back