Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting Project Data on Separate Disk From IIS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfrederick

Programmer
Sep 30, 2002
US
My custom is to keep all my data on a separate disk from the C: partition, so when an OS partition gets damaged or cluttered, I can just gen a new one or plug in a backup copy. If a machine poops out, I can pull the data disk and take it to a backup machine. For Visual Interdev 6.0 projects, I put the project directory on my data drive and operate in local mode. When you make a new ASP.NET project, the default location is in the root of the local IIS5, so my preferred routine doesn’t work. Is there a way to get the master copy of my project data onto my data drive so I can discard a C: drive without retrieving anything from it? There is a browse button associated with the new project location. What options are there? Does a project have to go in the root directory of some running IIS5? Is this what IIS5 virtual directories are for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back