Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting pdf of book on website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperlord

Technical User
Jun 18, 2002
US
Hi - My specialty is print, not web - so forgive me for what could be stupid questions!

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have 48 press-ready pdf files that I have had printed. The pages are seperate files b/c thats how my vendor liked to get them - but they are all one book. I want to add the book to my website as a link that the user can click, then read the book online.

I am going to merge the 48 seperate files into one document and hyperlink it on my site.

OK - What is the best way to turn this press-ready document into a legible screen-ready PDF with a smaller file size?
Right now, it is illegible in many areas on screen (but of course looks great on paper). I'm trying to achieve the exact opposite :)

Also - anyone know of software that I can implement that will make the online reading of this book a little less cumbersome for the masses? Maybe something that can add a page-turning feature. I guess I could alway make a roll-over buttin in Acrobat... Just thinking out loud here.

Thanks!
nate

Knowledge enormous makes a God of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back