Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

putting in orders for the future

Status
Not open for further replies.

jymm

Programmer
Apr 11, 2002
US
we take orders for our items well in advance ... most of the time ... and have limits of which item / class we will make each day/month.

we have a pretty good WMS system & it has some nice work order features, but we use GP for Order Entry and so although we could look at current inventory from WMS to GP, we are really looking for projections/planning help.

my quesiton is - anyone know of some functionality out there that might project how much you can still sell through SOP (so December 20th we can make 200 widgets and have 180 on order - so can only sell 20 more widgets for that day).

I have ssrs reports that show the users the info, but between projecting the amounts we CAN make, how much is on order and figuring in multiple sites it has my Order Entry group's heads spining like some bad horror flick.

Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back