Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Putting a Pause in the Dial String! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Greetings All,

Could some one tell how to put a pause in the dial string for a remote forwarded number on a Legend, please.
I am putting #80, AuthCode, #33, then *18567777777#. It worked for years and the customer changed carriers. It still works if I hit recall manually and dial. I believe I need to put a pause or two in the string after the *.

Quaz

Telecomboy,

Thank you for the reply. I forgot to mention I was using centrex lines. The star * is for recall. I'm sure you know that. How do you put a pause in from the keypad?

Quaz

I never knew star was used for recall. Star is used for pause on the Legend/Magix. But you still need to access the outside pool of the Legend. If you don't have the 9 in there then it will grab system dial tone for the forward instead of outside dial tone and the call will not go through.

I show recall being *775. So then maybe you would put #33*775*18567777777

HOLD button will insert a 1.5 second pause in a dial string.
When programmed for Centrex Remote Call Forwarding, you use * instead of 9 to start the dial string
The * tells the Magix to flash the CO line, and then dial the rest of the string.

Oh, and it is * instead of # before the feature code when using an Auth Code to program another extension

Dial #80-[Authorization Code]-#-*33-*-HOLD-[Outside Telephone Number]-#

HOLD!! I could have sworn it was *! My knowledge that was amazing in the 90's and early 2000's has definitely been fading. I think we only have (1) Magix client left. Sorry for the misinformation! Nice catch TTT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back