Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Puting a blog into a site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturalbmx

Technical User
Jun 1, 2006
AU
Can someone please help me on how to put my blog into a site i have built. i have just built the site and want to use my blog as the news for the time being but i have no idea how to put it in the sectino i have allocated.
my site is and my blog is i basically only want the main body of the blog inside the black area of my actual site.
is it possible to get rid of the header and side bar?
thanks for you help.

The easiest way to do this is with an <iframe> See
Note that many website pros are now moving away from frames in general, but this may be one of the few times that they are suitable for.

It's also worth checking your site out with the Firefox developer toolbar which will help you resolve some of the other technical problems that your site is displaying. A 200K+ splash screen isn't doing you any favours either!

Steam Engine Prints

ok sweet so it looks like iframes is what i need.this is my first site sorry for my lack of web building knowledge, im just learning as i go, but where in the code of the site would i put the iframes code? the box i have for it was done with the "draw ap div" button, i think thats wrong.
i have no idea ahah.
thanks again.

For successful web building you will need to start with a sound basic understanding of HTML (or XHTML) and CSS. There are good beginners tutorials on both of these on the web - you could start with those on
I guess you haven't yet read the faq referred in my sig which gives guidance on getting the best from these forums by researching before asking. Have a read through, do your research and study, do your tutorials and come back if you get stuck with any specific technical points.

You might also check out your local evening classes and tech colleges. Most of them do courses on basic web building and basic web design. When you understand web design and HTML/CSS you will be equipped to move on to dynamic (server based) coding and/or client side (javascript) work. Note that many professionals will concentrate on just ONE or two of these areas at first and build their skills in the other areas in their spare time.

Remember DW is a tool to help you, not a magic wand.

Steam Engine Prints

I have done those tutorials in the past hence why i have gotten to the point where i am now, hence why i came here "specific technical point".
I have already searched through hours of tutorials looking for help to no avail and then i have posted this in a help forum as i thought thats what this was for. Am i wrong?
I'm not lookign to make a profession in web building, i have a career, i'am only doing this for fun so there is no point in doing a course when i can learn everythin on the internet.
I do thank you for you help, dont get me wrong, your first answer was very helpful but maybe you should write a FAQ on how to give answers and read it yourself. The second reply would have taken you longer to write then actually giving me the help i asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back