Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Put two netwok on the same subnet mask

Status
Not open for further replies.

telpoz

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2015
Hello everybody,two network are configured,site A ,site B. Each order are located from 2000 feet,so now for a particularly application we want to put them on the same subnet mask. Someone has a better idea on how to do it,we do not want to interconnect these two sites,we only just need to put them on the same subnet mask.
Thanks!

Details? IP addresses?
What do you mean, "we do not want to interconnect " - what's the point?

I am sorry,my explanation was not clear.
Ok the first site has an router IP 192.168.5.1 as a default gateway and the ip range(192.168.5.3 - 192.168.5.40/24) are the address network. The second site has an router 192.168.5.2 as a default gateway and the range (192.168.5.41 - 192.168.5.60/24)are the address network. These two buildings offer the same service,on the first site there is an IP PBX with the static ip 192.168.5.10 that deliver DHCP address for 10 IP Phones and we want now to install an additional 7 IP Phones on the second site to allow users on the first site communicate with users on the second site through the IP PBX that has been installed on the first site,these two bulding are located to 2000 feet,we are not going to use a fiber cable to connect these two site. So to interconnect the two sites together this is why i m looking for. Any idea woulb much appreciated.
Thank you very much !

You have to chg to a diff net one of those like 192.168.6 nothing is going route if it thinks it's on it's own network already.

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back