Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PUT syntax using FTP from PC to Mainframe ... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenMerc

MIS
Jun 9, 2005
US
Hi,

How do I create a put statement using FTP and URL to transfer a file from my desktop to the Mainframe?

I attempt to do this using the following statement and apparently the Mainframe file name does not get passed...

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated ... ;)

Here is the map rule, in the output card with the card adapter set to sink:

=PUT("FTP","-URL FTP://userid:password@URLdestination MainframeFileName ;type=A -TV C:/LogFile.txt", "C:/PCSourceFile.txt")

I get the following error within the LogFile.txt when doing this:

<STOR
>501 Invalid data set name. Use MVS Dsname conventions. (F)
<ABOR

Thanks,

I think it should be
=PUT("FTP","-URL FTP://userid:password@URLdestination/MainframeFileName;type=A -TV C:/LogFile.txt","C:/PCSourceFile.txt")

You have a space between the URL and the filename.

JuJutsu - Jeff S.
Support Analyst

Can someone give me an exmaple of this syntax. I got an error stating that FTP setup failed.

Looks like you need to contack Support. What version od Mercator are you using? Send simple test case. You aloso need two other things. You have to hjave a valid mainframe file name & destination, and you have to have created the file/destination first.

JuJutsu - Jeff S.
Support Analyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back