Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Push-button usage? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgoodman00

Programmer
Jan 23, 2001
I am attempting to create an asp/frontpage db application.

For a main menu, I wanted to create a single form, with a number of buttons on it. When the user presses a button I wanted to load the relevant asp pages.

I created a new page in frontpage, & added a number of push-buttons. I named them individually, & set them as type 'normal'. However, I am now unsure as to how to make them open the required pages when pressed.

I thought adding a hyperlink to the required page would work, but it doesnt. When I did this nothing happened.

Any suggestions?

James Goodman MCSE, MCDBA

Hi James,

If you are looking to use the buttons as a hyperlink to a specific page ...

This method will open 1 page per button. You can take the code from my page and just change the hyperlinks.

I don't know why you would include them in a form if you are just using them for navigation.

Although a standard button will work, if you have Image Composer or another image program, I think custom buttons would look nicer.

Hope I have been of some help,
Micheal

FrontPage Form Tutorials & Form Script Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back