Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Push agent installation failed. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

coupleojars

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2001
GB
Starting to deploy Epo on a 500 user microsoft network ( using server version 3.0.0.577 ). Virtually all machines on network are identical but about 200 return a "Push agent installation program to "abcxyz" failed" I'm also getting a "Receiving unknown package from "aabcxyz" from the machines that it can't install the agent on. Anyone got any ideas ? This is driving me up the wall !!!!

Mac

PS Obviously all the machine names are unique.....abcxyz is an example.....

Sounds like an authorisation problem to me. Are you sure the supplied user account has admin privileges? Is there a typo in the account? What happens if you use the framepkg.exe file?

hint: try the frame.pkg file like this:

framepkg.exe /install=agent /domain=yourdomainname /username=youradminusername /password=yourpassword.

3.0 has changed from 2.5.1, there are things different on the client.

Make sure all NT, 2k and xp clients have the remote registry service running!

Make sure domain\administrator has full control over the program files or at least the network associates part of it. Make sure domain\administrato or everyone has full control over documents and settings/all users.

If the machine disks are formatted in fat32, you'll have to set system policies where domain/administrator has the right to act as part of the operating system, and the right to install drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back