Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pure Virtual Call in Outlook 2000 - R6025

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsturgeon

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2001
US
I am sure others have seen this, so could someone shed some light? This has happened on a few different client machines, both pretty beefy hardware, so that is not an issue. I am unable to find ANY information on the MS website for this. I ahve tried to uninstall Office, Run regclean, reinstall and no go. I have tried to create a new profile, delete the old one, and then redo the store, still no go. Any ideas? Fish

"Your worst day is only 24 hours long"

Anyone have any ideas on this bizarre problem?

'R6025 - Pure Virtual Call' in Outlook when trying to send a message Fish

I am getting the same error , trying to figure it out, have re-installed office, running windows xp beta and win 2k both give me the error
timjordan@cheerful.com

Yes, I have this error too.

It happened when the Corporate version of Norton Antivirus was installed on my machine by our IT folks. The IT folks have not seen this before and uninstalling and re-installing MS Office 2000 does not fix the problem.

Yes, this appears to have occurred after installing Norton. Still can't figure out a fix. Has anyone tried wiping the system and performing a fresh install? I am considering doing that now... quite frustrating. Does anyone out there have an idea for resolution?

Scary thought: anyone contacted Microsoft about this??

I am having this problem too - only when I open Winword and also if I try to go to MS Office 2000 website - no other time. This is why I have come here!! Help!

Money is not installed. You are correct in that it appears to be a generic c++ eroor message. This one relates to the MAPISP32.DLL file. I have been able to alleve the situation on some machines by overlaying this file from a functioning workstation, on some machines it will fix the problem. On some other machines it only fixes the problem for that day. We run Outlook connected to our ccMail db, my only other hope is that this is somehow the root cause and that it will go away with our move to Exchange. I am skeptical however......Still plugging away.... Fish

I seem to have solved this R6025 Run Time Error by using my MS Office 2000 disk - run Setup.exe - select Repair Office - then select Repair errors in my Office installation.
My Outlook no longer gives me the error.
4WhatItsWorth
Qbard

I got this error after installing Norton Corporate Edition 7.5. Happens on all Office 2000 applications on Windows 98. The repair option does not appear to help at all. Any ideas? Help!

I had the exact same error with my Office products on Win2000 and XP after I installed Norton Corporate Edition 7.5. I unistalled Nortons and it works fine now. Hope this may help someone.

OK, I had a small problem in that I had installed Norton Corporate on top of Norton Anti-virus 2000. So, I deleted all the c:\program files\norton\*.* files and then did a repair on Office 2000, then installed Corporate and it works hunky dory on Windows 98 SE

Hey guy,
I have the same problem " R6025 Run time error - Pure Virtual Function Call" when using "MS oulookt support for lotus ccmail" from outlook 2000 client and the problem solved by run mapisp32.exe manualy ( shut down mail client, Click Start ---> Run and type mapisp32.exe and click OK) . Hope this will help.....

Hey, we have the same problem on only one machine after installing the Norton Virus Corp Edition 7.6 on the other 30+ Windows 2000 systems. Outlook 2000 is fine, but Word and Excel went down? Will try to remove Norton and see what's happening.

Thanks for all the posts. The problem has been found! When this occurs on a workstation, I simply log into the user's mailbox via the ccMail client. The cause of this is always one of two things -

a. A message that is 'stuck' and cannot be brought into Outlook. This is normally when someone decides to name a file with 25 characters and spaces in the name. We all know hos much ccmail 6.2 apprecites long file names.

b. A message that has a virus and cannot be brought over. This will sometimes be a message that just has an executable as an attachment, but most of the time its a virus.

I think the problem is related to the NAV Real-Time virus protection and the way it handles the scan of a message coming over. Anyway, the next time you get this problem try to log in via the ccmail client and delete the oldest message. Close the client and then go back in to Outlook, client should be fine. Fish

The problem goes away after uninstalling the Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.6, and uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2001(it's be deinstalled, but still showing in the "Installed Programs"). The problem is gone. Reboot and reinstall the Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.6. It's fine this time. Strange, but it works.

The problem goes away after uninstalling the Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.6, and uninstall Norton AntiVirus 2001(it's be deinstalled, but still showing in the "Installed Programs"). The problem is gone. Reboot and reinstall the Norton AntiVirus Corp Edition 7.6. It's fine this time. Strange, but it works.

We are running the NAV Corp 7.6 Edition on all machines here. The majority of the posts in this thread pertain to NAV as the root cause of the issue. I believe, as I said above, that the problem relates to our ccMail/Outlook connectivity and the NAV interaction. I don't think it makes sense to uninstall and remove virus protection in order to relieve this problem. The Fix and Repair option doesn't really work in our case either, I am guessing because it thinks everything is ok. If you are using the ccMail connector, your problem is the same as mine. If not, we have also had success with creating a new profile and pointing it to the data store. Then open the folder and delete the offending message. Good Luck.
Fish

I have the same problem as crabbeman above. Only when I try to open Word. This started when I installed NAV corporate edition 7.6. Uninstalling NAV allows me to run word. No other MS products seems affected either with or without NAV being installed. Fix and repair on word does not solve problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back