Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchasing USED Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitramnala

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
US
If I purchase a used copy of Quark do I aquire the original registration with it? And can I then upgrade from it? I need to know this before I purchase. Thanks

I've talked to Quark about this a lot. We also needed to purchase a used copy. €1.999 is a bit out of our price range. Anyway, the gist of what they told me is that it would not be illegal to buy the used copy. In fact, they directed me to eBay and MercadoLibre. But, you would not be able to count on them for technical assistance.

There was some disagreement about whether I would be eligible for upgrades from them if I wasn't the original purchaser.

Still, as long you have the registration number and you're the only owner of the copy (that is to say that the original owner didn't try to get one over on them by keeping his/her own copy of the program and trying to upgrade), you should probably be OK. I don't think they will ask for your name to go along with the number.

All that said, even without technical help directly from Quark, it's definitely worth it. You can buy a used copy of Quark much cheaper. And in the end, who needs to upgrade. I just found out that our new service bureau only has Quark 3.3! Crazy

shiever.... my boss will only use 3.3 so i have to save everything as 3.3....
some are opposed to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back