Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchasing Exchange 2003 licensing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

havensov

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2006
US
I have never bought Microsoft license for a company before.

Can someone please explain the volume licensing to me.

I need to give my bosses a brake down for Exchange 2003. We have 25, give or take, users. What would we have to buy for this?

And, where can I find pricing on this?

Thank you

-Allen R

I'd start with a reseller of Microsoft products such as CDW, Dell, Insight, etc, etc, etc, etc. They'll be able to answer your all of your questions and then some.

You might find the following info helpfull:
Another interesting info is that there is 30% discount for Exchange 2003 licensing which expires 07/31/2006.

forum.gif
Dean

25 users won't really qualify for any volume licensing. You might be able to get setup with a vendor for Open Business, but that's about it.

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

I have always used Softchoice as a preferred vendor for Microsoft licensing - although I have always worked in environments with at least a few hundred users.

At 25 users your most cost effective solution is to purchase SBS 2003 with 20 user CALs (5 come free). CALs are $100 per user and the software will cost you a LOT less. Only problem is you would need to start with a new domain because SBS can not be joined to an existing domain.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back