Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchase RAC and install

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLad

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
GB
Guys

I have several models of Dell Poweredge server and I need to find out whether I can purchase RAC's for them. I also need to find out if Dell do a RAC PCI card (similar to HP's RIB).

The server models in question are:

Dell PE2600
Dell PE2850
Dell PE6400
Dell PE6600

and a few others. Does anyone know where I can look this up as the Dell website keeps taking me to Desktop accessories rather than server accessories.

--------------------------------------
"Insert funny comment in here!"

It does seem difficult to find this on their web site, but the PE6400 will take a DRAC II, the PE2850 will take a DRAC 4, & the X6XX generation machines take DRAC III's.

Thanks for your reply. Any chance of a link please?

"Insert funny comment in here!"

Well, I've got PEX8XX generation systems using Drac 4 (there are 2 versions, though) & PEX4XX systems using Drac 2's. the PEX6XX was a guess. All of which can be confirmed in a roundabout manner by a few methods. Seach Dell's support site for drac firmware, then narrow down to the 'manuals' category. Poke around in the 'overview' section of the each card's manual, & you'll find the platform info like this. For a quicker, but potentially less acurate method, you can even search ebay for drac poweredge model to get similar info. There should be a definative list on Dell's site, but I can't seem to find it specified like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back