Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Purchase Crystal for Intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBApprentice

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
US
I am in need of guidance in the purchasing of Crystal 8.5

I need to put Crystal on our Intranet. I need to tell our purchasing department which version to purchase, but I do not know which version. Is it Developer, Professonal, Standard or Enterprise? I need the cheapest. I can not determine by Segate's web site. I also heard that with 8.5 we would also have to purchase an additional web component.

If anybody has any advice what so ever please let me know.

Thank you.

We purchase CR8.5 Developer edition and it came with Crystal Enterprise 8, which included five concurrent access licenses. I guess as long as you don't have more than five users running/viewing the report at the same time, than you should be ok.

Depends on how many users, and if they need to design reports or just run them. Here is an article that might shed some light on your options:

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

We called Crystal about this and they informed us you could buy just the web component for approx $800 australian. Of course you will still need a ful version somewhere to design the reports.
We found it as confusing as you did via their web site but there is generally a local number (or at least national) to phone them and ask directly.

Regards

Dave

The web component server comes for free with Developer edition, and Crystal Enterprise comes free with Professional. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back