Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Punch edit restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRNYC

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2016
US
I've been looking for details and documentation regarding punch edit restrictions. I know that you can't edit punches in Aloha Manager the same day the punches occurred.

We have also discovered that managers can't edit staff punches via the terminals for times BEFORE they themselves were clocked in? This seems bizarre and crazy but this is what we are observing.

Here is perhaps a better description:

Employee Jim is currently clocked in at 9am. He needs his clock in adjusted to show that he actually came in at 7am.

Manager Steve arrives and clocks in at 10am. He goes to edit Jim's punch time and the system gives him an error.

Its quite possible I am crazy and observing something else entirely, so any info is greatly appreciated =)

Could possibly be a bug in your software. What version of Aloha POS are you currently on? I can look through release notes and see if that was ever a bug fix or something. Let me know

We are running Aloha TS v. 15.6.0 I thought that was the latest edition.

Is that the new aloha manager version or your aloha pos version. What is the version that floats around at the bottom of your screen on your front of house terminals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back