Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling up phone records 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbixtelecom

Technical User
Jun 21, 2005
US
Good evening,

Need assistance in pulling up phone records, say for the past two months. Is this done using CDR in LD21 or, from my understanding, all phone records are automatically sent to an outside party to collect? Thanks, in advance.

ld 21
prt
adan

then look for the tty with cty as user. that tty is where the phone records are produced. if they are going to an outside vendor, then they can not be polled from the switch. i dump mine to a harddrive and share that with other apps.. that keeps a copy for the switchroom needs

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You are correct. In ld 21 if you print the cdr data it will tell you where the call record are sent, tty number is the PORT. As far as who actually collects those records would depend. I use OTM Billing but there are several other systems and services that will collect those records. If you are useing a service and are not sure which one I would say check with whoever set the cdr up. Good luck.

unless CDR was setup on your system and it is being stored somewhere off of the phone system, you cannot recover anything as the phone system does not store it. If you have OTM with the CDR package it may be there.

there is a short buffer for cdr, but it's very short (50K ?) or less

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back