Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pulling the pramiters from a crystal report to asp please help!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiona

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
I know how to set the parameters using asp for a report, but I am working on a system that may house multiple reports, and each report is going to have diffrent parameters. I need to be able to see these parameter names,for example on the report parameter 1 is "Case Number" and the second report the first parameter is "Contact Name" i need the asp page to automaticly see what these are when the report is selected. so that the user knows what they are filtering for. I am doing it this way cause I dont want to hard code the values in case they change or new reports are added

You can use a 'Menu' asp that calls(executes) individual report asp. Then the user can run the report and supply the params.

If you use WCS, you won't ba able to do that.
Using CRAXDRT though, once the report is selected, you can loop through report's parameter fields and get their names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back