Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling Sections from a map

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyTalena

Technical User
Oct 7, 2011
US
I have a map of different regions which each have their own color. I need to pull each region out separately. I have CS5 and think I can do it in illustrator. I have spent many hours searching through tutorials, but have found nothing to help me. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Are there tutorials out there that show me how to do this? The file is a .png file. I am also going to have to remove the titles within the map. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

.png is a bitmap format in most cases, however ot might be a fireworks png, in which case it can be edited in fireworks...

...illustrator is predominantly a vector program, you might be able to edit bitmaps in illustrator, to do that you need to use clipping masks in your case, and clipping mask multiple versions of the same bitmap image...

...depends on what the map looks like really, it might be better to use photoshop.

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back