Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling hair out over printers/xpp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2004
US
Hi guys,

I've somehow inherited a tiny network at a church. There is an ancient NT4 server and three XPP workstations. There are two small HP laser printers or recent vintage but whose exact model I forget, that are shared out (as opposed to being networked).

Spontaneously it seems, the printers are unable to print labels accurately...on both printers from all workstations and the server. The print drops off the bottom of each label. These labels are printed through a Word template...but the church also uses specialized non-Office software to print labels and it's doing the same thing.

Drivers are up to date. Mechanical issues are copacetic -- same media, same method of loading. No known changes to network.

Completely flummoxed on this one. As Flanders would say "it's a dilly of a pickle."

Can anyone be so kind as to make some suggestions? Do I need to provide other info?

Many thanks.

--ACE

in your software can you find "calibrate printers" and calibrate them to the labels you are using?

okcomp

Well, one of the programs is Word, and I don't see calibrate on there. I could be wrong.

Print Preview works/looks flawless. Another odd symptom.

Thanks. ACE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back