Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling Deleted Records from Remote Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyGal

Technical User
Jul 11, 2008
US
An employee has deleted from the main database a whole section of our alphabet, whether it was intentional or not still unknown. (Deletion rights have since been removed for everyone.) We have multiple Remote Desktop users who I have been able to set up so that they're records aren't deleted and they can continue to sync and add their update to the main database for clients that still exist. I can't seem to pull the missing clients from the remote user. I attempted to have one user make a change to one of the records hoping that would pull it through, so far no luck, any ideas? We have the information unforunately it's not all where it's supposed to be.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

You can try to delete the logs files on the server (There's a record of the deletion in the log file which will prevent the contact from coming back in) then set the cut off date on the remote back to 1/1/80 so it sends all data back to the server.

---
Chad Smith

Check out the GoldMine Blog at
MCP - Microsoft SQL Server
Crystal Reports Certified Professional
GoldMine Certified Professional
Microsoft CRM Certified Professional

Depending upon the version of GoldMine which are using, you may be able to delete the TLogs directly. If you are in GoldMine Premium, you will want to Purge your TLogs using a cutoff date that is into the future. You will want to consider doing this Server-side & Remote-side.

I found the files Company_log.ldf and Company.mdf which should be the ones to remove, however I keep getting notified that they are in use though all versions of the program(GM and GSync) are shut down. Is there a process that could be using these behind the scene that I'm missing?

Stop immediately, and get some expert assistance. Company_log.ldf and Company.mdf are the SQL Databases. You DO NOT want to delete or remove those. The Logs that we are talking about are within the GoldMine database. You can Purge them through GoldMne if you know how or through the SQL Management Tools if you know. If you don't know how, you would be wise to not play guessing games. You'd be wiser yet to acquire the services of a knowledgable individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back