Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pulling chart titles from pivot table

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty906

MIS
Jul 24, 2002
HK
hi all, does anyone know how to make dynamic chart titles using excel 97. i've set up a pivot table with a 'page' field. i then set up a pivot table chart which pulls from the above pivot table. what i want to is that each team i change the 'page' field the title on the chart gets updated as well. i've tried sticking in a formula(=Pivot Table!$B$2) into the title, but it doesn't work. thanks in advance

jeff

Your formula is not quite right ,you need to rename the sheet 'PivotTable' rather than 'Pivot Table' then you need to paste the revsied formula in the formula bar when you click the title

i.e select the title on your chart, click into the formula bar (not the text itslef) and paste in your formula
=PivotTable!$B$2

Hope this works for you

Andy

i kept on pasting it into the actual text box, i didn't realize that you could paste it into the formula bar. thanks again.

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back