Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pull and display partial data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leohere

Technical User
May 4, 2005
US
I've searched the posts and haven't found something that may be able to help me.

I have a report that displays country name but it displays the ISO 2 digit Country Code such as "BR" for Brazil. I have in Excel the ISO 2 digit codes and the corresponding full country name to each code in format "BRBrazil".

Any ideas on how to setup a query in BO that essentialls says something like if Country Name = the first two digits of the data in Excel, which I can import, then display the full country name only.

I've been trying If statement as well as Match but I can't seem to get it right.

Thanks all.
Leo

Create a new dataprovider using the excel file as the source to bring in the Country Code and Country name..

MAke sure the data on the file has no leading or trailing spaces in the data columns, match the case of the Country Code data in the excel file and the database..

Once you have the data in the report, link the two data providers using the "Country Code" Object,

Make the CountryName a detail/measure object to bring into the current table displayed.

Hope this helps!

Right. This is just the basics of linking data providers.

The only thing you have to watch out for are you measures. When you link data providers it wants all dimensions linked. Your country name won't be linked. It might work just fine anyway. It depends on what else you're displaying.

You can make Name a detail of code and it should work. Or you might have to use the Multicube function around the name to make it work.

Try it and see.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back