Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing to PDF Changes Font - MS Access 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisis2007

Technical User
Apr 2, 2007
US
I have a report written with Times font. However when I use the "Save as PDF or XPS" from the tool ribbon, the PDF saves but in some other font. This is happening on only one computer workstation on the network. The other computers maintain the font when saving as a PDF. Any ideas? I cannot find anything specific to this in MS Access when searching around for a solution.

I will have to check. I assumed it would as it has the same ms office programs but I would have to look to be certain.

I checked and the font is installed. I went and even changed the font in the report to Arial to see if it made a difference. Still saved with the same, unknown font as before. Not sure what the name of this font is or I would delete it from the workstation to see what it would do. This one has me perplexed!

I am still having this issue despite everything I could think of. I have changed the front end out, changed the font in the corresponding report to Arial, re-installed Office / Access and the report still comes out with this unknown font. I have verified that Times New Roman and Arial fonts are installed in the computer. If anyone has any ideas, I would certainly appreciate any help. Again, it is a problem on just one workstation.

This only happens in Access. And I am still searching for other solutions too.

I guess it is time to play the what is different game...

Is there any PDF related software on the machine?

Another solution, rather than looking for the needle in the hay stack, would be to reinstall the machine from scratch including OS. Install office first. If it works right, you can install everything that the other machines have and verfy it still works. Then you come to installing one thing at a time to find out when it breaks. It may not break and when it does you have a shot at finding out what the user did to break it.

Thanks for the advice lameid. But the computer ended up being changed out as it was getting old anyway. Once it was replaced, the problem went away. I still have no idea what was causing the problem. We did reinstall Office before changing out the old computer but it continued with the same font problem.

hello friends,
I also have the same problem with pdf file. When I save any report in pdf using "OutputTo"command the fonts of the generated pdf file are getting changed. Can anybody please suggest any solution this?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back