Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing reports with subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

shannonlp

Technical User
Feb 9, 2006
US
I have a Crystal Report that uses a subreport that I’ve published to the Central Management Console that is returning the error:

“Failed to open the connection. Unable to retrieve Object.”

Normally when I publish reports, I go to the CMC, Process tab, Database, enter the username and password, then check “Use same database logon as when report is run”.

This is the first time I’ve published a report with a subreport. Is the subreport causing the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m on BO Enterprise 11/Oracle 9i.

Thanks,
Shannon

Probably, are you setting the connectivity for the subreport as well?

-k

There isn’t an obvious way to do that in the CMC. You go to the file name of the report and update the username & password. I’ll try publishing the subreport separately and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Shannon

No, you don't publish the subreport seperately.

I think that there's a tab or some such there, sorry I don't have it in front of me right now.

-k

I've had the same problem when I had 2 subreports on the report header and the first subreport falls over to a 2nd page. Only way I found around it was to put subreports in series (one in the first report header and the 2nd in another report header).

DataDog [pc2]
"Failure Is Not An Option'

In order for my report to make sense, the subreport needs to be in the group footer. Putting it in the report header will alter the formatting in a way that’s unreadable to the user.

Does anyone know where in the CMC to save the settings for a subreport?

Thanks,
Shannon

are both subreports in the same group footer? And are your subreports more that 1 page long?

DataDog [pc2]
"Failure Is Not An Option'

My report consists of the main report and one subreport that is placed in the group footer.

Hi shannonlp,

Have you sold your problem? See thread782-1292140.

Dana

Hi,

My apologies. I thought I posted an update. The issue is resolved. The driver wasn't installed on the server - same issue as what was referenced in the thread.

Thanks,
Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back