Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing Issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncdba

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2005
US
Hi all,
I have created a report in CR with Database Type:Access/Excel (DAO) & tablename:test.txt & text file is on my C: drive. When I published the report on CR server I'm getting error "Failed to open the connection". I have tried to change the database conections in process/database, nothing is working. I'm not sure if I can publish the report with text file. Does anybdy has any idea.

Thanks in advance.

The TXT file has to be accessible to the services on your CR-SERVER, it can't connect to something on your local C-drive.

You either have to put the TXT file on to the C-drive of your CR-SERVER, or move that data into a network-accessible datasource (ie. MS-SQL, ORACLE).

Well, technically it could access the file on your C drive, but it sould be mapped as UNC as in: \\machine\path...

Best would be to place it in a common location to both machines, and remap it so that you can develop against it AND CE can execute against it.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back