Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PUBLISHING IN DREAMWEAVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimb

Technical User
Jun 30, 2002
NZ
I keep having problems publishing from Dreamweaver - does anyone the format of exactly what is supposed to be typed or the rules, when you go into Edit Sites, Edit, Remote Info:

Access:
FTP Host:
Host Directory:

Thanks
Kim

I'll try to explain both the FTP option and the Local Network option.

1. Connecting via FTP.
a. If you are not directly connected to the network the Webserver is on, you should select the "FTP" option under "Access". This of course assumes you have FTP rights to the server. If you don't, you need to speak with the system administrator.

b. For the FTP Host section, put in the IP address of the webserver or the DNS name if there is one. I find using the IP address more reliable.

c. For Host Dir, put in the path to document root. If using an Apache server, this could be htdocs/

d. The Login and password sections should be your FTP username and password so that when you tell DW to connect, it will log in to the host.

2. If you are connected to the network, then select "Local Network".

a. For "Remote Folder", put in the IP address to your web server. Your webserver will already be configured so that the IP address will point to the document root.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back