Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing a Word Document

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2000
US
Is it possible to publish a Word Document in Published Apps?

I don't see why not - just publish [winword.exe docname.doc].

I haven't tried this, but I've published Access Databases this way.

Good Luck!

I tried it but it didn't work. where do I put the path to the document? It is in a different folder? Thanks.

Yah U can publish the word doc. we are using that. Go to publish manager and creat new one. give the path for word.

You will need to specify both paths, eg;

M:\Program Files\MSOffice\winword.exe M:\My Documents\docname.doc

Hope this does the trick!

I keep getting an error saying "The directory name is invalid. Failing component D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Winword.exe.

Did I do something wrong? In Published Application Manager I entered:

Command Line D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe D:\test.doc

Working Directory D:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Winword.exe

Thanks.

Hi

Your working directory path is wrong, get rid of the winword.exe. The path is then correct, but whether this will work or not is uncertain. I am having similar problems, I get a little further in that the application opens but then complains about the file.

Hi

I just tried this again, had problems but it was down to permissions to the file, check the loaction of the file.

Make sure to use quotes around each path. Example "C:\program files\office\winword" "C:\docs\word.doc"
The space in files/folders such as program files would cause it to think you are showing two strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back