Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing a Local ASP.NET Project to the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcalibre

Programmer
Oct 27, 2005
CA
Hi Everyone,

This should be a simple thing, but I am stumpped (I even searched the Forums). I have a web application on my development machine. I am now trying to move/publish/copy/whatever it to my ISP. What I don't want to do is copy the whole project up (source code and all).

I compiled the project as release. I at first only moved my aspx and dll files. Well I got the message that:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'Temp.WebForm1'.
Code:
<%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="Calendar.aspx.vb" Inherits="Temp.WebForm1"%>
my dll is Temp.dll.

I made sure my dll was in the bin directory, then began copying every other file in my project to my ISP. Still no luck. Any clues/ideas?

Is there a formal way of publishing a site? A list of files I need to make sure I have?

Thanks
Andrew

Which version of the framework are you using?

Need help finding an answer?

Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244 on how to get better results.

Usually when I see that error it's because the application folder in iis has not been set up as an iis application, in properties/directory, click on "Create" next to "Application name", or have your isp do it.

ISP/Error message shows:
Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

The ISP Server is a Hybrid, ie not really a windows machine. It looks like they could be the problem.

If they tell me dlls are not allowed, is there another way to compile the project without getting a dll?

Thanks so much for your help.
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back