Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publishing A Crystal Report Using MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomSalvato

Technical User
Mar 24, 2010
US
Hello all,

I fear this question may be a bit obvious to all but me, but I'm clearly doing something wrong ...

Most of our crystal reports (published on SAP BO Enterprise XI) are hitting an Oracle DB, and are all set the same way in the "Default Settings/Database Config" option. I am now trying to publish a report that uses an MS Access db (on a network drive), and am having no luck getting it to run. It runs just fine when I preview it directly from Crystal 2008, but not when I try to do a "recurrence/now" in BO.

The run keeps failing, and giving me this message when I look at the instance details:
"The database logon information for this report is either incomplete or incorrect."

I can't think of what I'm doing wrong, but I've tried checking and unchecking everything I can think of in the Database Config. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-TS

It may be an OS issue. We had a major issue where Windows security (Windows server 2008) would not communicate properly with our Novell network drives (we were trying to access Paradox and Access tables). Lucky for us, we have a local expert that was able to 'fix' the security issue. Unfortunately I do not have the details of the fix.

1. If the Access databse is on the network and not on your BO server, you need to make sure that the User ID that is being used to run the "servers" that you see in the Central Configuration Manager (CCM) can "see" the network location of the Access database file. By default, they're installed to use the "Local Service" account which doesn't have any network access. You need a network "Services" account that can be used to run BO. Usually this type of account has a password that never expires. In XI 3.x, you would set the login for the SIA to this account in the CCM, in XI through version r2, you would have to set ALL of the servers in the CCM to use this account.

2. What type of connection are you using for your report - OLE or ODBC? If it's ODBC, you need to make sure that you have a System ODBC connection set up on the server. You also want to make sure that the appropriate Access data driver is set up on the server.

3. In the CMC, navigate to the report, right-click and go to Database Configuration. Make sure that you have the correct UserID and Password set up for the report.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back