Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

publishes app outside local subnet 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martix

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
I can not seem to get access to my published applications from outside my local sub net. I can establish a full client connect to the serbver desktop but every time i try to connect to a published app i receive an error. any suggestions

Hi,

On your client, do you have the server location filled in?

Cheers,
Carl.

Yes, as an ip address, and it returns a cant find the server error every time.

I'd guess there's a DNS misconfiguration on the network somewhere - first choice the router/gateway between the subnets.

If you can get a server login, then the IP routing's OK, but the Pub App name needs to be resolved somehow.

Can you ping the MetaFrame server by name from the client? Is the FQDN returned if you use ping -a?

I hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

When you say "from outside my local subnet" do you mean from antoher LAN connected to your local subnet or do you mean from a WAN connection. Normally Citrix uses port TCP port 1494 to establish a connection but when you connect to a publsihed app Citrix also use UDP port 1604. Is there a firewall between you and the Citrix server? If so you need to get UDP port 1604 opened in the firewall.
Hope this helps

/Hof

One way to make sure your ports are open is to see if you can telnet to port 1494 on the citrix server. If you can that is not your problem. Also when you specify the server location and choose the published application radio button does the drop down list show the published apps?

This sounds as though the a Citrix Gateway has not been established on the subnet with the application. If not, you'll never see anything but the server. Use MFAdmin to assigned the server in the subnet as a gateway connection to a gateway server in the local subnet

Tubes is right. Make sure you create an ICA gateway between your master browser and the server on the remote subnet. Go into the Server administrator applete and choose "preferred browser" option for the remote subnet server.

After that go into start->cmd and do a qserver and you should see two servers with "MG". One on the local and remote subnet.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back