Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publisher and Subscriber

Status
Not open for further replies.

frk007

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
TT
Hi,
Can someone verify if this is a problem or normal operation of the cisco callmanager. I have a Cisco Publisher 4.1 and Subscriber 4.1 When the IP phones are register to the subscriber, on the publisher i see them as not found. Is this suppose to be like that?

Thanks

That is not normal. I never go into subscriber unless and installing a patch or upgrade.

Publisher is the main device even though the phones are registered to subscriber.

I would verify from the phone that you see the pub and sub and what is active and what's not.

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

i've seen this behaviour in the past and it is not normal. it is usually a result of rebooting the pub but not the sub.
I suggest you power both servers down (during an outage window obviously) and boot the servers in the following sequence:
Publisher first, then a few minutes later subscriber.

You can try just rebooting the sub only.

You should also run DBLHELPER.exe and see what the SQL replication looks like.

I'm not seeing the DBLHELPER.exe

it should reside in the c:\program files\cisco\bin directory on the publisher and can only be run on the pub.

I have had this problem many times before with different Callmanager Clusters I have ran into.

Restarting the RIS Data Collector on the PUB will fix this issue. No reboot of the servers are necessary.

A reboot is better since these are Windows server, and reboots are needed once in a while anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back