Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Published Apps in 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwatkins14

Technical User
Jun 19, 2003
US
In 4.0 I used folders to organize applications but it does not seem to work in 4.5. Has anyone else run into this issue? Also, is there a way to list applications instead of using icons in the WI?

Let me rephrase my question. The folders work in the access console but when you log into the WI the apps are no longer organized in the folders I created. So instead of 5 folders I see 50 apps. As anyone else experinced this issue?

Also, I would like to be able to list applications on the WI instead of having large icons. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks,

Are you sure that you've put the folder name in:
Application properties, shortcut presentation, Client application folder?

The folders in which you place the applications in the Access Management Console are used for the administrative management of the applications only. You can assign permissions to specific adminsitrators to specific folders.

To place applications in the folders for the users, right click the application, click properties, click Shortcut Presentation, and type a folder name in the text box. It does NOT need to match the folders you have placed them in in the Access Management Console.

Steve
MCSE
CCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back