Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish Word Document Content Usercontrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernie321

Programmer
Jan 7, 2004
GB
Hi

We currently publish our news articles etc on our site via an XML document containing the content of all the news articles, our usercontrol extracts the details from the XML file and displays them within the approprate part of the page.

The only problem is that every time someone writes an article I have to copy the text out of word and format it in HTML placing <br>, <b>, <u> etc where necessary then copy it to the XML file.

If I save the word document as a webpage it brings all the word formatting over, which is no use as the colours etc are not in line with the site, also if these were correct the text would need amending if we updated the site's design.

Is there any method of just putting the basic line breaks, bold and underlining etc from MS word text for publishing?

THanks B

I think what you are looking for is a control like this:

Here is a demo you can play with:

You can implement this control in your site and it does an ok job of handling word document formatting. There is a button in this control that cleans up word formatting for you and the HTML tab/property is what you are really after I think.

Senior Software Developer

Oh... and the Demo on their site doesn't have the Word Clean button available because I think you have to buy the Pro version for about $50. But that is pretty cheep I think.

Senior Software Developer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back