Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish Windows Explorer through Citrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tams

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2003
GB
Hi Guys,
Does anybody know how to publish windows Explorer through Citrix so our users can see their network drives and client drives without giving them access to the whole desktop?

Thanks,
Tamoochin Moses Towndrow

You do not publish Explorer, as it is not supported by Citrix.

You publish iexplore to the drive letter of you choice.

i.e G drive "C:\Program Files\iexplore.exe" G:\

THis does the trick.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hi Scott,
I tried this and it seems to publish internet explorer which is not the desired effect.. I have seen Windows Explorer published through Citrix previously... Am I doing something wrong?

May thanks,
Tam

Hi Guys,
have also tried publishing explorer.exe and I get the whole server desktop! Nightmare, I wish I checked this insignificant thing before I decided to rebuild the whole farm.... Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tam

Copy explorer.exe to explorer2.exe and publish that. The desktop will no longer appear.

And remember that publishing a renamed copy of Explorer is neither supported nor foolproof.

There are many options within a published version of Explorer that will not work, or cause the app to crash. These are due to limitations within Explorer itself.

On the other hand, things may just work fine for you.

Take a look at this document: CTX922603
How to Publish Explorer.exe with Specific Drives, Specific Folders, or URL

Cheers

Davey

No No No, Citrix do not support publishing Explorer.exe whether you copy it to exp2.exe or what ever, it does cause blue screens. You need to publish an internet explorerer.exe to the networked drive. I have done it loads of times. Find the iexplore.exe and publish it with a name of g drive or whatever and after the iexplore.exe bit add your mapped drive letter, I cannot check exactly here but you may have to do something like

"C:\Program Files\Intenet Explorer\iexplore.exe" "G:\"

This works and does not cause blue screens which the copy explorer does in some cases.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I have published this using a very similar command line which is:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -E G:\

and, so far no ill affects from Citrix.

Hi Guys,
Thank you all so very much!! Finally joy! C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" -E G:\ was the one baby! Thanks Paul and all the others God bless you :D

T.M.T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back