Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish to Enterprise from within VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

McAhren

Programmer
Dec 20, 2002
US
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to publish a Crystal report to Crystal Enterprise from within VB?

Thanks for you help!
McAhren

Have you found out how to do this?

I am trying to figure out how to write my own CE publisher (for various rasons) so as to embedd this process within my own Java installation appilcation.

If you can do it in VB, i cna do it in JAVA. I'm still trying to track down where in the SDK this is avaiable.

Thanks,

T

Hi guys,

I have tracked down a sample application which publishes a report from VB.NET to crystal enterprise:

You should be able to change this code for JAVA/ straight VB with ease. You must have installed the Crystal Enterprise CD though in the 'customize' option and ensured the SDK option is checked.

This will install the .NET files required (and also the .dll files in the case of using VB/JAVA).

Hope this helps!

Rob

Stay Blue, Bob. x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back