Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Publish Documents on a CITRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna22

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
GB
I am new to CITRIX and would like to allow people to see the documents on the START MENU. Could someone please tell me or point me to a good website which could answer any of my basic questions

Thanks Anna

All the users on CITRIX are unable to see there DOCUMENTS option on the start menu and i am unable to give them access to it.. please could you help

Thanks Anna

Do you know if you are using any Policies for your users when they logon to the server....???

How would i check whether we are using system policies....

I've been checking on your original question this afternoon re. the documents option on start-menu....it looks like this must be a basic profile component...I cant find where it is generated from, I can only assume that it is a registry setting on your Citrix Server...???? How many servers do your users logon to...??? It may also be restricted from within a policy file....I'm trying to get more info for you on profiles and policies....basically a profile assigns users options within their login "environment" and a policy provides a means of enabling or disabling access to these options....If you want to check on the existence of policy files, logon to your PDC Server, goto Start/Run and Open "Poledit"...this is the system Policy editor....now File/Open C:\Winnt\system32\repl\export\scripts\ntconfig.pol and you should see a range of icons....including default user and default computer, there may be more depending on whether further policy configuration has been done...????

The documents option on the start menu is also dependant on the users having a "recent" folder present in their profile....????

Anna,

You should setup your users to use roaming profiles. This would allow them to keep their documents no matter what server they log into. It is setup in the User Manager under Profile. Under "Terminal Server User Profile Path" put in the users home directory that will connect when they log into Citrix.

If you just want to have a set of documents or Templates listed in the Start Menu, you can create shortcuts to them under "Wtsrv\Profiles\All Users\Start menu" Make sure the originals are Read-Only or people may save over the original.

Does this help?

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back