Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

publish all ex10 features externally under single url?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dante18

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2001
US
Hey all... I have a client who wants to publish ALL ex10 external services under a single url. Juniper SA4500 in DMZ for access to the CAS array vip.

They would like "MAIL.CO.COM" to provide access to the following services externally: OWA
ECP
OAB
EWS
ActSy
OUTANY
etc.
Is this even possible??

Example: Client hits "MAIL.CO.COM" from any type of client including mobile, and automatically is presented with the corresponding feature that they require.

Thank you in advance for your advice and opinions!!

That's common. OWA, ECP and the like don't require their own URL. They are merely subdirs of of the same parent. so mail.domain.com/owa, mail.domain.com/ecp, etc.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

This is actually how things are on Small Business Server 2011, which uses Exchange 2010. The key is that you use a single-name cert and tweak the vdir URLS to use it for both internal and internal purposes. You also create an additional forward lookup zone in your internal DNS for the full name (mail.domain.com, for example), and lastly, to get autodiscover working you will need to have an SRV record created in your public DNS zone.

I wrote up some instructions for that last bit here:

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back