Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public unknown numbering 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPidliskey

Technical User
Mar 22, 2024
US
I have an entry in my public unknown numbering that I can see when I do a list. But, when I try to make a change to the entry, it does not show so I can edit the fields.

public unknown numbering has a somewhat weird syntax.

change public [ext length] ext-digits [digits], where [ext length] is the number of digits in your extension and [digits] are the matching dial string. For example:

change public 4 ext 1000 will look for 4-digit extensions that match "1000" and put the best match at the top of the list.

Code:
change public-unknown-numbering 4 ext 1000                       Page   1 of   2
                      NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT
                                           Total
Ext Ext           Trk       CPN             CPN
Len Code          Grp(s)    Prefix          Len
 4  1001          1         2125551212      10       
 4  1002          1         5085551111      10

There is no "1000" in this example so CM starts listing at the next closest number and goes from there.

Verify the extension length and make sure you enter that correctly.

I finally figured it out! It basically the same thing you recommended, Thanks!

Now, The problem I am having is, when you make a call from the phone, it still will not show the number I want to see on my cell phone. It still shows the primary number.
I have a 9611 ip phone programmed with 16094853001. This is not in our DID range, so I need to show the number being sent out as 16094855411.

list trace station <xxx> as it is making the call out. If it is sending the number you have programmed in the pub-unk table, contact your provider to have them enable CPE ANI option on your circuit. Most LECs do not charge for this but some do. LECs are under increasing pressure to validate the ANI being sent by their customers to make sure they actually own the number being sent as ANI.

We're all ignorant, just in different subjects.

Most carriers will not outpulse a number that you do not own and will instead strip what you send (if it's not yours) and stuff the header with the Bill To Number (BTN). Could be what's happening to you since you state "This is not in our DID range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back