Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Public folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcp

Technical User
May 15, 2001
ID
Hello,
i would like to configure my public folder in such a way that employees would be able to send reports to it from their internet mails.any guidance would be deeply appreciated.

i have an exchange server5.5 on my network. i have IMS configured on the exchange .i have a public folder reports.the sales team which is moving has to submit a report daily.
is there anyway that they would be able to send mails from their yahoo account into the public folder "reports" on my exchange server.
Good day
KCP

In Exchange, Public Folders have email addresses. To find out what they are or change them, highlight the public folder in Exchange Admin and choose the properties option in the File menu. One of the tabs is called 'E-mail Addresses.'

Hope this is of help

Richard

by default, public folder addresses are hidden from the GAL. If you check the properties of the folder (as mentioned above) you will see the SMTP address. Regardless whether the address is hidden, mail resolution can still be made against that address.

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back